Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate – Civilians of Uttarakhand, please note that if you have not fixed HSRP on your vehicles, then get it done as soon as possible. The transport department of Uttarakhand state has suggested people to fit high security registration plates on all vehicles. For this, the department will also be thinking to commence checking campaigns in the upcoming days.
During checking, strict action will be taken against those who do not have HSRP number plates on their vehicle. Like this, the department of transport in Uttarakhand is involved in implementing the new vehicle act across the state. Candidates who want to know more about the Uttarakhand HSRP number plate are requested to explore this post.
Here we have gathered all the interesting information regarding Uttarakhand high security number plate i.e. process to apply for HSRP, how to make an appointment, checking the status of Uttarakhand HSRP, etc. If applicants have queries or problems, then must share them in the comment box, our team will try to reach you out asap.
About Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate
As per the Supreme Court order, it is compulsory to affix High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) in all vehicles at the time of registration. This rule is already in force, but private drivers are not taking it seriously. Now the Uttarakhand HSRP Transport Department will take action against such people. Uttarakhand Transport Department has targeted to attach HSRP number plates in every vehicle.
ARTO enforcement Rashmi Pant stated that the e-challan system is finally executed under the new rules and acts. And this will be achievable only when the vehicles have a high security number plate. This arrangement will not be sufficient on the old number plate. Therefore, the citizens are being asked to fix HSRP on the vehicle.
Since 2012, central government of India has obligated to fit HSRP on all two or four wheeler vehicles. However, some states have an online portal to apply for HSRP number plate, and some affix the HSRP through offline mode. As per the source, 12 lakhs vehicles have registered for HSRP.
Per day only 50 or 60 HSRP are fixed on old vehicles at Uttarakhand, which is a sort of slow process. Due to confined HSRP number plates, the transport dept is unable to provide a speed to fit HSRP on all vehicle in less time. Citizens who have purchase vehicle after 2019 have already got fixed HSRP on them. People who do not have HSRP number can refer to how to apply for HSRP section of this passage.
What is HSRP?
HSRP is a short form used for High Security Number Plate built up with upgraded characteristics. HSRP number plate includes features like an Ashoka Chakra hologram in blue color which is chromium based. 10 digit PIN number that holds the info of vehicle owner and “IND” is imprinted on the HSRP number plate.
Highlights of Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate
|Name of the Post||Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicles|
|Name of Central Dept||MoRTH|
|Name of State Department||Transportation Department, Govt. of Uttarakhand|
|Objective of HSRP||HRP will enhance the safety and protection of vehicles across India.|
|Mode to Apply for HSRP||Offline Mode|
|Status of Registration for HSRP in UK||Currently Active|
|Online Website||Will be Available Soon|
|Uttarakhand Transport Dept. Official Porta Link||https://transport.uk.gov.in/|
Features of Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate
High security number plate consists of some important specialization which we have explained in the up next portion of this article. By examining it, citizen can easily know about the specifics engraved on Uttarakhand HSRP number plate.
Chromium Based Hologram
At the top left side of HSRP, Chromium Based Hologram is located. The size of it is about 20mm X 20 mm. It also comprises Ashok Chakra that is present in blue color. Ashok Chakra is impressed by the hot stamping technique at high resistant temperature. Hence, the removable of it quite challenging from the HSRP number plate.
Retro Reflective Sheets
Retro reflective sheet is a color sheet that heightens the perceptibility of the HSRP number plate fixed on vehicles from 200 m. It is also beneficial for the safety purpose of the citizens from road mishaps.
Alpha Numeric Code Engraved by Laser
Nine digit alphanumeric is embedded on high security registration plate attached to the vehicle of India. These alphanumeric codes are associated with the central records database and hold information of vehicle owner. From this, traffic police can now catch people breaking the traffic rules.
Hot Stamped Film Security Inscriptive
IND inscription is printed in blue color, which symbolizes India. Pearlescent pigments ink is applied for stamping this inscription. This ink is used because it changes the color while rotating in the various direction that why it is hard to imitate accurately the identical one.
Third License Plate Sticker (TLP)
The TLP involves some necessary data like the registration number, pearlescent pigments, authorization no, LID number, and it is joined to the windshield at the first left edge. This sticker is connected simultaneously with the high security number plate. In case there is a replacement or destruction of HSRP number plate, then you have to also change the color sticker.
Snap lock is generally used for bolting the HSRP number plate on the vehicle. After you place the HSRP number plate on your vehicle, then no one can easily disconnect or exchange it. This step will preserve civilian vehicles from theft.
Benefits of Uttarakhand High Security Registration Plate
There are many advantages of the Uttarakhand HSRP number plate. The benefits are not only for the civilians but for authorized officials also. Check out the advantages given under this portion.
- Usually, thieves changes the number plate of a vehicle after stealing it. HSRP has introduced a snap lock by which no one can replace or displace the number plate easily.
- Officials of traffic police can now track those people who violate traffic rules and run away. With the help of HSRP, officers can easily check the owner of the vehicle and catch them.
- As the HSRP number plate contains alphanumeric code, so it becomes tough to make a duplicate copy of any number plate.
- HSRP is the standardised format of number plate which have improved digitization in the country.
- By applying HSRP, making fake and illegal number plate will be banned.
- High security number plate stores the details such as engine number, vehicle owner info, chassis number, and soon on in a central database.
- Police can keep track of severe road crimes like accidents or breaking traffic rules.
- Lastly, the laser identification recognition system has also gone up to the next level.
Color Coded 3rd HSRP Registration Plate
Color coded numbers plate shows the type of fuel or vehicle is. BS 3rd and 4th do not have green stripes on the number plate whereas BS 6th have these green strips. BS is generally the emission amount coming out of engine combustion.
|Bharat Stage Category||Vehicles Uses Petrol/Cng||Vehicles Uses Diesel||Other type of Vehicles|
|BS III & IV Color Coded Sticker||Light Blue in color||Orange in color||Grey in color|
|BS VI Color Coded Sticker||Light Blue in color|
with Green Strip on top
|Orange in color|
with green strip on top
|Grey in color|
with green strip on top
HSRP Color Coded Plate according to CMVR’ 1989
In various color, HSRP number plates have produced in every state of India. Likewise, Uttarakhand has also implemented this for people residing in the state. Take a look of the table drawn below showing color codes as per the category
|HSRP Number Plate Background Color||Category of vehicle|
|Yellow Color of Number Plate||For Transport type of Vehicle|
|Black color of Number plate||For Transport type of vehicle (Like Cab for Rent)|
|Green Color of Number Plate||For Electric type of Vehicle|
|White Color of Number Plate||For Non Transport type of Vehicle|
How to Affix Uttarakhand HSRP Offline?
New vehicles already have HSRP on them, so there is no need to apply for HSRP who have purchased HSRP after 2019 year. Whereas candidates having old vehicles are required to register for Uttarakhand HSRP. As of now, there is no online portal developed for Uttarakhand people for ordering online HSRP number plate, but soon authorities will initiate a website by which aspirants can easily apply online.
In the subsequent section of this portal, we have mentioned how one can appeal for the Uttarakhand HSRP number plate.
- Via Private Dealers- Keen applicants can affix HSRP on vehicle by their respective dealer. All you have to do is visit dealer’s office and provide details about your vehicle and submit the form for HSRP. Then in few days, they will call you for the attachment of HSRP number plate.
- Regional Transport Offices- According to the instruction, applicants have to visit their nearest RTO office and apply for HSRP number plate. After due amount receipt and authorization slip the max time for affixing HSRP is 4 days. Have a look at the table showing the RTO’s and their codes.
|Udham Singh Nagar||UK06|
Procedure of Applying for Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate Online
Till now, there is no such process, but we have checked other states applying procedure and concluded that might be by this method candidates can register for HSRP online.
- Initially, candidates are requested to open the official website of HSRP Uttarakhand.
- Next, click the link of the “Apply for HSRP” given on the homepage.
- A form will open on your screen in which applicants have to provide information of theirs like registration number, chassis no., engine number, location of fitting HSRP, Time and date for fitment.
- Then, pay the fee for HSRP accordingly.
- Download the receipt of HSRP payment for further reference.
Process to Track Uttarakhand HSRP Number Plate
After applying for HSRP number plate, enthusiastic residents can check the status of your HSRP by implementing the steps given below.
- Candidates have to visit the official portal of Uttarakhand HSRP.
- From the homepage, you have to select “Track HSRP Order” link.
- After that, insert your order number, registration number and code given on the screen.
- Submit the information and order details will be displayed on your device.
How to Reschedule the HSRP Appointment?
In case someone get important work on the day appointment then they can reschedule their appointment. For that, you have to take a view of next portion of this post.
- At first, citizens have to go to the Uttarakhand HSRP official portal.
- Home screen will load in a few seconds.
- Hit the “Reschedule Appointment” link from the homepage.
- Enter your vehicle number and other details on the page.
- Next step is to choose the appropriate time and date for HSRP fitment.
- Submit the details and affix your Uttarakhand HSRRP on the selected date.
Cancellation and Refund Procedure
Officials will replace or return free of cost, in case candidates receives the incorrect product, damaged HSRO, or there is an issue of size. Cancellation of HSRP should be done 24 hrs after ordering, otherwise your cancellation will not be approved by authorities. Amount of refund will be transferred to beneficiaries account within 6 or 8 working days.
Rate of Supplying HSRP to Vehicle Owners
|Registration Plate Set including Snap Lock, Third Registration Plate and Fixing for Passenger Cards and Light Motor Vehicles (Except Tractors)||373.23 INR|
|Complete set of Registration Plates including Snap Lock, Third Registration Plate & fixing for Heavy Commercial Vehicles/ Medium Commercial Vehicles/ Trailer Combination.||392.87 INR|
|Registration Plate Set including Snap Lock & fixing for Two wheelers Scooters, Moped, and Motor Cycle||215. 78 INR|
|Complete set of Registration Plates including of Snap Lock, Third Registration Plate & fixing for 3 wheelers (Goods & Passengers) and Invalid carriages.||234.96 INR|
|Registration Plates including Snap Lock & fixing for tractors only||215.78 INR|
FAQ’s About Uttarakhand HSPR Number Plate
What will happen if anyone does not possess High Security Registration Number Plate in Uttarakhand?
In case police find any citizen driving the vehicle without HSRP then he/ she need to pay challan for it. So, if you don’t want to pay the fine, then must fix HSRP on your vehicle.
Can I download my appointment receipt again if I lost it anywhere?
Yes, no need to worry if your appointment slip is lost, you can download it again from official website of HSRP Uttarakhand.
What type of documents are needed at the time of applying for HSRP?
No testimonials are required for HSRP booking. Candidates have to add few details of Vehicle and theirs while applying.
When will authorities announces the online portal applying for Uttarakhand HSRP?
Very soon higher authorities will releases the online website in order to apply for Uttarakhand HSRP.
Do I need to change my HSRP number plate in case of having damaged one?
Yes, if HSRP number plate is damaged, then we recommend you to order the new number plate and fix it on your vehicle.